Certis24 can help eCommerce retailers and brands with their market entry research, analysis and implementation strategies to exploit China’s rapid growth in eCommerce.
We assist in building a deep understanding of how Chinese consumers buy, what they are seeking from overseas suppliers and how to capitalize on those needs.
For postal operators, parcels and logistics companies, Certis24 offers structured market entry guidance which includes access to China’s postal system and its rapidly developing ‘alternative’ logistics infrastructure of parcels delivery companies and couriers.
- Population: 1.36 billion
- Online population of 564 million of which 302 million now shop online
- Internet penetration rate growing at >20%/year
- Mobile users in 2013 reached 1.24bn (91% of the population)
- 2013 online spend US$ 295 billion projected to reach US$540bn in 2015
- Average online spend was US$1642 (2013)
- Equates to 7.9% of total retail sales of social consumer goods
- In 2014 China became the largest e-commerce market in the world
- 20% of online population now shop cross-border and this is predicted to grow to 78% by 2020
- Top 5 countries from which Chinese online shoppers purchase: U.S., U.K., Japan, France, New Zealand.
- Top 3 categories purchased are: Clothing & Accessories, Cosmetics / Living Goods and Consumer Electronics